Previous Posts

Archives

Thursday, May 7, 2009

The end of week 1

It's the end of week one! So fast hor... So how's everyone doing so far? Just wanna encourage you guys to continue to press in. And if you have anything you want to share, please email it to infuse.fga@gmail.com. Your sharing will definately encourage other Infusers who are fasting.

So...Today's prayer topic is the schools in Ipoh. It's really important to pray for our schools because as students, schools are places where we spend lots (and I mean super a lot) of time. We're there five or sometimes six days a week. It is a place where are friends are, it is a place where we can carry out the Great Commission. Schools are one of the best places to share the gospel.

Today's verse, Psalm 119v9-16, the psalmist says
v9 How can a young man keep his way pure?
By living according to your word.
v10 I seek you with all my heart; do not let me stray from you commands.
v11 I have hidden your word in my heart that I might not sin against you.
v12 Praise be to you, O LORD; teach me your decrees.
v 13 With my lips I recount all the laws that come from you mouth.
v14 I rejoice in following your statutes as one rejoices in great riches.
v 15 I meditate on your precepts and consider your ways.
v16 I delight in you decrees; I will not neglect your word.

Do you know that you are walking Bibles in your school? Your friends will never pick up a Bible to read by themselves. If we want our friends to come to know the Lord, our lives (our thoughts, actions, words) need to be lives that give good testimony to the Lord. We need to be upright in our actions, and we need to be aware of how we are behaving. Are you just like the rest of your classmates? - Do your gossip? Do you pick fights? Do you talk about people behind their backs? Or are you different?

When you say you're a Christian, do you behave like one? Remember that actions speak louder than words, and our friends will notice how we live our lives. So keep your ways pure by living according to the word of God. Read the Bible, take time to learn God's commands, meditate on it, delight in it.

1:10 AM